Starting from October 2017:
Professor of Psychological Gerontology,
Institute of Gerontology, University of Vechta
Center for Applied Developmental Science (CADS)
University of Jena
Semmelweisstraße 12 (Office 104)
07743 Jena, Germany
Phone +49 (0)3641 945921
Fax +49 (0)3641 945202
Date of birth
Diploma in Psychology (2001), Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
PhD in Psychology (2006), Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
Habilitation in Psychology (2014), University of Jena, Germany
Docent, Moscow City University of Psychology and Education, Russia (2005-2009)
Visiting DAAD Scholar, University of Jena, Germany (2008)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Jena Graduate School Human Behaviour in Social and Economic Change (GSBC), Germany (2010-2012)
Research Associate, Center for Applied Developmental Science (CADS), University of Jena, Germany (2013-present)
Fellow of the international postdoctoral program Pathways to adulthood (funded by the Jacobs Foundation) (2014-2015)
active ageing, civic and political participation, life-span perspectives on paid work and volunteering, personality and coping, social change and individual adjustment
Choice of publications
Curriculum vitae (PDF)
Pavlova, M. K., Silbereisen, R. K., Ranta, M., & Salmela-Aro, K. (in press). Warm and supportive parenting can discourage offspring's civic engagement in the transition to adulthood. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2016). Perceived expectations for active aging, formal productive roles, and psychological adjustment among the young-old. Research on Aging, 38, 26-50.
Ballard, P. J.,* Pavlova, M. K., * Silbereisen, R. K., & Damon, W. (Eds.)(2015). Diverse routes to civic participation across ages and cultures (Special issue). Research in Human Development, 12(2). * Equal contributions.
Körner, A., Lechner, C. M., Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2015). Goal engagement in coping with occupational uncertainty predicts favorable career-related outcomes. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 88, 174-184. Note. The author names are in alphabetical order. All authors have contributed equally to this manuscript.
Pavlova, M. K., Körner, A., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2015). Perceived social support, perceived community functioning, and civic participation across the life span: Evidence from the former East Germany. Research in Human Development, 12, 100-117.
Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2015). Factual versus potential civic participation in a post-communist region: A typological approach. Voluntas, 26, 941-961.
Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2015). Leisure activities choices among adolescents. In J. D. Wright (Ed.), International encyclopedia of the social and behavioral sciences, 2nd ed., vol. 13 (pp. 829-836). Elsevier.
Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2015). Supportive social contexts and intentions for civic and political participation: An application of the theory of planned behaviour. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, 25, 432-446.
- Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2014) Coping with occupational uncertainty and formal volunteering across the life span. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 85, 93-105.
- Pavlova, M. K., Silbereisen, R. K., & Sijko, K. (2014). Social participation in Poland: Links to emotional well-being and risky alcohol consumption. Social Indicators Research, 117, 29-44.
- Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2013). Dispositional optimism fosters opportunity-congruent coping with occupational uncertainty. Journal of Personality, 81, 76-86.
- Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2012). Age, cumulative (dis)advantage, and subjective well-being in employed and unemployed Germans: A moderated mediation model. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 17, 93-104.
- Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2012). Participation in voluntary organizations and volunteer work as a compensation for the absence of work and partnership? Evidence from two German samples of younger and older adults. The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 67, 514-524.
- Pavlova, M. K., & Silbereisen, R. K. (2012). Perceived level and appraisal of the growing expectations for active ageing among the young-old in Germany. Research on Aging, 34, 80-99.