- Qualitative study in Germany and Israel
- Interviewees: Young male migrants from the former Soviet Union
- Age: 16 – 18
- Time in Germany/Israel: 3 – 5 years
- n = 40 (30 violent and 10 non violent) in Israel and 40 (30 violent and 10 non violent) in Germany
- Sampling strategy: theoretical sampling
- What are important normative expectations?
- What responses do adolescent immigrants use when expectations are not met?
- Under what contextual and ecological circum-stances do norm conflicts occur?
- How does violence emerge and develop?
- Under what conditions does violence develop?
- What are the causes, correlates, and neutralizing factors of violence?
- What contributes to the process of escalation/de-escalation of violent events?
click image to enlarge